Whether you'd like to admit it or not, shopping is a guilty pleasure. However, the kind of shopping I'm talking about today doesn't necessarily mean it'll take you hours, nor do you have to leave your bed, much less your home - I'm talking ONLINE SHOPPING.
Now, online shopping is a true haven for us super busy people, like to save, want a good deal, don't like getting ripped off, want designer stuff, be stylish, be able to compare prices...but we like to do ALL this, with a click of a mouse. We like it do be done at the speed of light, because time is of the essence.
Obviously, online shopping, like anything else, take experience. Your first order might disappoint you, your second you might think it was a waste of money...but as time goes on, you learn how to judge WHAT to purchase online, HOW to purchase ...and especially WHERE to purchase.
I'd like to tackle a very specific topic, the location.
It's very important to verify where you're ordering from because this will change dramatically many aspects such as the shipping fee, the time it will take to get to you, IF you can return or exchange the purchase and the insurance that you'll receive your package at all (things shipped from overseas CAN be detained at the borders).
As an avid online shopper myself, I'd like to share with you a few of my personal favourites:
1. For those who like handmade items, vintage things...check out Etsy
- payments by paypal
- very original/unique finds
- a non-stop update on items.
- it's like an e-bay for those who like handmade/vintage finds
- a HUGE variety of brands, ranging from their very own Asos line to Micheal Kors, to Juicy...and much more
- Shipping WORLDWIDE is ONLY $6. That's the cheapest I've ever found. Especially since Asos is based in England.
- You can find some REALLY good deals there if you check regularly
(these websites basically create "sales events" for designer brands ranging from costa blanca to gucci, Alexander McQueen and much more. It can be from clothing, to beauty/cosmetics or lifestyle items)
- HauteLook: Often gets beauty/cosmetics if you're more into that stuff. One con, is that if you ship to Quebec or certain areas, they will charge an additional tax (for QC it happens to be 18%. I know, roadkill)
- Beyond the Rack: I actually think this one is Canadian based. They often have similar sales to Hautelook, but without the ridiculous 18% tax.
- Gilt (a personal fave!) : If you LOOOOVE designer stuff like me, then THIS one is TOTALLY for you! It's the one that has the most high end designer brands.
- Beyond the Rack (invite)
- Haute Look (Invite)
- For Gilt.com, I have to send out personal invites, there's no direct link. So please leave your e-mail below if you'd like to receive one.
- THOUSANDS of different styles/accessories/shoes
- free shipping (yay!)
- free returns for US residents ONLY.
They are by far, my personal faves.
I hope this has been helpful to a handful of you out there!
Good luck!
Yaya
No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear from you.