25.10.10

Disappointed.


I was so excited last week when I heard about Beyond The Rack's first ever Sample Sale in Montreal.
I arrived on Friday afternoon (after work) with some girlfriends of mine with hope that we would find some great bargains considering the great things I've seen on their sales events online.




With much anticipation, the parking lot was FULL...PLUS, there was a line-up. Our expectations grew.

However, while waiting in line, we noticed that there were not many who left with bags in their hands. uh-oh.
bad sign #1.

Finally, we got into the building, after a not very long wait. The first room was the higher end stuff, Fendi, Dior, YSL, etc.
Not that they weren't good bargains...they were just out of my price range. Which was fine. I didn't lose hope just yet. There were some sunglasses (Cartier was one of them) at great prices -60$- but, the selection didn't leave you much choice. Either we got there too late, or there just wasn't much stuff to begin with.

We decide to take a quick look around before settling on purchasing anything. In the second room...was...well, just a big mess, really. Everything was on tables, just tossed around. nothing was really organized in a particular way.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love sample sales. I love rummaging, I love finding treasures in a bunch of, well, junk, but this was border-lining, literal junk.

Even I didn't find the courage to rummage through the things. But we still look around, since we were already here.

Finally, we left about an hour later, both my friends left empty-handed...I on the other hand, refused to leave without ANYTHING. So I purchased a lovely blue -polyester- chiffon scarf (which was probably attached to something else, but got lost during the war), and 3 eye shadows. All for 10$.
blue polyester chiffon scarf - unknown brand - unknown source...it was just unknown.

Although my personal puchases were good bargains, I don't think that the time it took for me to purchase those items was worth it.
top: Body and Soul eye shadow (Interlude) - bottom left: Girlactik eyeshadow (Smokey) - bottom right: Girlactik eyeshadow (Lush)
swatches of all three shadows. Girlactiks are actually quite pigmented. The Interlude reminds of Dusk by lancome, except shimmery instead of matte.

Being a frequent sample shopper, I know usually they have stock that they keep aside for the following days, so I asked. Nope. Nada.
This was it. and it was only the first day.

My verdict? Maybe it was their first year, thus lack of experience with sample sales...
I think everything would've been more appealing, a little easier to shop if things were a little more organized. I would've maybe found a few extra items. Even with that, I think I'll stick to shopping via their website, even if it means paying shipping and handling.

              Yaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.